Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving...a day early

Thanksgiving is my favorite non-religious holiday! I love to cook for my family and enjoy the hanging out time with them! I love that I don't have to worry about getting presents wrapped, Christmas lists completed, and all of the other hustle and bustle. Thanksgiving is always a little crazy with all of the cooking and "stuff." My goal every year is to make Christmas more like Thanksgiving and every year we get a little closer. I think this year will be our best yet. I am thankful just for the opportunity to have Christmas and Thanksgiving with my husband and kids every year. This year I am thankful for loving family members that are patient and love us so much! Garth and I had originally planned to go to Utah for Thanksgiving and last minute were unable to. An understatement would be to say that we were utterly disappointed. My Mom always does such an excellent job at Thanksgiving! The food is so yummy and the Halo tournament is so much fun for Garth and Garin (I am sure Shelby and Ethan would have joined in this year too). We could have seen Jenna & Casey or Casey & Jenna ;-) depending on who is reading this blog and Garin would have LOVED to go to the BYU vs. U of U game! So, I am trying hard to be thankful that we are spending it here instead of somewhere else. I am grateful for my husband and my children! I love them dearly and am thankful for their strengths and the many things that they continually teach me! I am thankful for my Savior, for the gospel, and for the scriptures. I hope that as we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow my family can remember the blessings in our life and treasure them every day!

Happy Thanksgiving a day early to everyone!

1 comments:

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.