Tuesday, November 20, 2007

TAGGED...

I was tagged by my sister Jenna and thought I should probably get to this before I forget, because lets be honest, sometimes I do! :-) The rules are you write 6 things about yourself that not everyone knows and then ask 6 other people to do the same. So here it goes...

1. I am a huge procrastinator...when I can. I will completely weigh a situation to see how much I can really put it off. It is almost like I enjoy procrastinating. Garth says it is my weigh of fitting way too much into too little time. I love it. I love the occasional time crunch. I have to be in the right mood, though. Some things I procrastinate, some I don't. There is no rhyme or reason, it just depends on what is going on, etc.-but the truth is still that I like it, I like knowing I can do it, it is my corny (very corny) way of "living on the edge!"

2. I do not like to mix my foods in general. I don't like my salad dressing, gravy, meat juices, or anything like that interfering with foods that are not compatible. Sometimes I will actually plan our dinner menu in a way that I know that nothing on the plate will be incompatible. I hate the inappropriate mixing of flavors. I believe in appetizer and bread plates and if it wasn't for the above procrastinating, trying to be more laid back, and the not so balanced meals we have sometimes at home, would really want place settings with appetizer plates, bread plates, salad plates, etc.-I love restaurants because of the different plates!

3. I am a little weird about stupid things. A good example would be Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook. I had it in my cart at Target and then made the trip to put it back because it was "her". I am not sure why, but I am not a big fan. Maybe it was the questionable situation surrounding her marriage to Jerry (the previous husband, etc.), honestly I am not exactly positive why. But I am not a fan. So, my friend tells me it is a great cookbook and that her family has loved the recipes and yet I am still hesitant. I don't like the thought of her having a dime of my money. I know-silly. I wish I could say that I was actually just on a higher level and that Garth and I have decided not to "hide" vegetables in our kid's food. That he thinks they should learn to like veggies for the great things they are! (All true, even though any that know Garth really well are dying from laughter right now because of his refusal to eat any vegetables until what-19? And then select few until somewhere around 24 and now I can't think of any that he doesn't eat!) So, this is a good example. I told Darcy I will have to try a recipe from her first-maybe it is time I get over this kind of thing! ;-)
4. I really don't enjoy decorating for holidays. Silly I know, since I grew up with my Mom decorating our house beautifully for every holiday. I love to visit houses that are totally "holiday" I just don't have the inclination to do it myself. It is something that has developed as the years go on. I enjoyed it far more when I was first married and have just slowly lost that inclination. I still do it out of the "what kind of awful Mom doesn't decorate" guilt, but I can promise you that the moments when I enjoy it are rare and so I have been working on trying to enjoy it more for myself and for the kids.

5. I love chocolate. Everyone thinks of Garth loving chocolate, but he has truly converted me! I crave it, think of different ways to use it, buy plethoras of it for Garth, and I love that my kids love chocolate too! I really do! I can only hope that we can raise them to be chocolate connoisseurs who can appreciate it, have the ability to cook well with it, and are willing to share their love with others. I think the fact that my kids never had an adverse reaction to chocolate when I was nursing should have been a huge tip off! :-)

6. I like folding laundry, but hate putting it away. I love the methodical stacking of piles, folding all of the towels the same way, smelling the clean smell of freshly dried clothing, towels, etc., the sometimes chance to actually see a movie while I am doing it, but I HATE having to put it away. I try and get my kids to do it as often as I can. We have been on a new schedule where they help my fold and put away, but truth be told-I hate what they do to my piles! I get very cranky when we all fold laundry together and I find myself repeating quietly, "This will help them when they are older, this will help them when they get older."

I tag Amy VW, Amy Y, Anne, Kate, Jocelyn, and Laura. :-)

0 comments: