Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving...

For me, the day started off really nicely...I slept in a bit while Garth, Garin, & Jonathan went to play football at the church building with the other Dads, sons, uncles, etc.



When Garth came home I prepped a bunch of ingredients (I had done a lot of the dinner/dessert stuff the day before) and Garth and the kids peeled potatoes & prepared them for baking & mashing. Of course we often do double the potatoes so that lefse can be made afterward...sometimes by me, sometimes by Garth, sometimes both! :-)
Jonathan took a quick nap!

And after all of the kitchen work was done we ended up with this...Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole (we are trying a new recipe every year for fun-we liked this year's quite a bit), mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, jello salad, and a Pitt family tradition-sparkling cider! :-)


Here is a view from our end of the table...
and then the other end!
Garin and his little bud...
Just because I think he is cute...
Garth carving the turkey.
Garth's favorite pie...the only one he insists that I make every holiday!

2 comments:

Laura Nipper said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Love the cute pictures of your kiddos. We need to get together again. Maybe during Christmas break.

Anne said...

We did the same old sweet potato recipe this year, but we added coconut! YUM!