When Garth and I were married we knew there were some traditions from each side that we would want to keep, some we would add that were just ours, and some that we didn't do and then realized we liked and would add later. Lefse has been with us from the beginning. Garth associates it with Christmas (probably because of fattigmann, I am not sure if they had it year-round or not), but we love it so much that we have it year round. We try and make double the mashed potatoes every other time so that we can share this very cool Norwegian food tradition with our kids. It is definitely a family favorite along with fattigmann every Christmas and krumkake! :-) Thanks Mom Isom for sharing this tradition with your kids who then passed it on to their wives and kids! It has definitely been one of our favorite things to do together! Below are a few pictures of the kids...and you will notice the last picture is what happens when lefse is made too much...you end up with leftovers! ;-)
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I noticed all the BYU shirts in the pictures. Go Cougars!
I just did this post recently, from Hawaii! We love this stuff!
Looks good!
I want to do that!
Post a Comment