Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sunday-Church & Mission Reunion Fireside

Sunday we went to church at the Barrio La Molina (La Molina Ward) and later that evening we went to Garth's mission reunion fireside. When we first heard of the fireside a few months ago we thought that there was no chance that we would be able to go. Luckily, airmiles and Jenna & Casey helped and so we made the decision to come. Garth's Mom & Dad found out and it made four! :-) His mission reunion has been such a joy for him (& us). We have been able to meet many of the missionaries he served with as well as knew.
Below you will find pictures of us with his Pdte. Alvaradejo & his wife at the end of the fireside!
Garth with some of the missionaries from his reunion.
Renando, Flor, Garth, & myself. I have had a great time getting to know them even with a language barrier! Renando and Flor are truly wonderful people! :-)

After the La Molina Ward met Garth and I hung out waiting to see an old missionary friend. While we waited I practiced my limited Spanish and got to know some of the kids from one of the Santa Patricia barrios.
Above is myself and Solange. She is an Abejita in the Mujeres Jovenes program. I had a great time getting to know her and appreciate her patience with my Spanish.

This is Estefan. When I saw these eyes I melted. He is too cute! He gave me kisses on the cheek and a huge hug. I am a lucky girl! :-)

This is Arturo. I had the greatest time watching him play with his 3 older brothers and sister. His Mom & Dad spoke a little English, so it was fun for me to ask questions and practice a little Spanish. We congratulated his Mom & Dad on being pregnant with their 5th child-not everyone is as crazy as we are! ;-)

0 comments: