Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Museo Rafael Larco Herrera


This is the second museum that we visited on Friday. Here are Garth, Dad, and I in front of the museum.
A quartz necklace I thought was pretty. (very fine workmanship for SO long ago!)
You can't see the engraving very well, but it is extremely detailed. The museums contain a lot of gold items from Pre-Inca and Inca times. Precious metals were in abundance here and they have the artifacts to prove it!
There has been so much pottery uncovered here in Peru. I really liked this guy's smile. Of course we don't know if these pots, etc. were designed to look like someone, but if they were I bet this guy would have told great jokes!
There were mutliple varieties of bouganvillas on the walkway up to the museum. They reminded me of two of my favorite people, Bill and Jerry Wade, because they have the same flowers in front of their house.

0 comments: