Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Day in Puno... (4/20/07)

Garth and I scheduled a day to just hang around Puno and see the sights, something we really hadn't had a chance to do anywhere else (too much to see!) ;-)

Anyway, so we started in Plaza Mayor. Read on for more...
The cathedral across from Paza Mayor
This was on the wall...I thought is was cool.
I took the picture because I thought Garin would love it!!
This was a cool statue in the Plaza de Pinos.
Garth and I in the moto-taxi.
The moto-taxi.
Our pedal boat on Lake Titicaca.
A picture of Garth and I on the lake (on our duck pedal boat).
A dragon pedal boat that I thought Garin would like.
Garth getting in another moto-taxi.
Rico's Pan-a little cafe that we went to for lunch.
Garth had arroz chaufa which was incredibly yummy! I had ordered salchipapas, but made the mistake of forgetting to tell the waitress to put the mustard on the side. I do not like mustard on my fries! So, Garth finished most of it for me and I helped him with his arroz chaufa! :-)
The dessert case. Garth has a chocolate quinoa dessert and I had a rice pudding! Mmmm!
Two women in their traditional Indian garb!
Another shot of the cathedral. I am amazed by the beauty in the architecture, etc.

0 comments: