Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ollantaytambo 4/16/07


Let's see...one of the last stops of the day was Ollantaytambo. What a very cool place. I think I have the picture in order from first to last taken (I took over 80).

I love the shots that we take ourselves. Here we are with the ruins in the back.

Here is the first set of steps we had to climb. Not so bad even though we are at about 8000 ft. above sea level (not the highest we went).

A view of the town below about halfway up the stairs.
Me partially up the stairs (I think Garth wanted a break because he sprained his ankle 2 days before we left!) ;-)


How cool is this "chair" formed out of the rock. The cuts are made with incredible precision. It is a truly remarkable sight to behold!
Garth is pointing out the lack of crevass in the stones. There is no space-it is so cool!
I wanted to show the length of this stone that was hewn out of a rock-Garth came up with the idea as to how!
Garth thought a funny face was appropriate!
A view of the town below from one of the higher steps.
Us taking in the magnificent view and just enjoying the time together!

3 comments:

Da said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheIsom8 said...

#1-I am working on it. :-) I haven't felt well since we came home.
#2-We have a few, but I thought they would want to put them on their blog! :-) You'll have to email them!

Janelle :-)

Da said...
This comment has been removed by the author.