So, we are in need of a new camera. There has been a pretty big lack of pictures going onto the computer as of late because of the broken camera. Lame, I know. Garth and I were going back and forth about what kind we want to get. It isn't going to be right away with the fact that we aren't spending any $$, but that should give us plenty of time to shop around, get opinions, see what works for everyone, and eventually find the very best deal. Because-we can only not take pictures of the kids for so long, right? ;-) (This is where I insert that I am so thankful for our cell phone cameras because they are sure coming through in our pinch-who knows, maybe we will just get used to the low quality pictures from these and be able to put off a camera indefinitely!) Anyway, when we do get a camera we want one that is 1) user friendly 2) somewhat compact 3)zooms in well and 4)something where we wouldn't always have to beg the person who has the nice camera to help take shots of the "important" events! Anyway, suggestions would be appreciated!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How about a Canon D40? Not as complicated at a D60 or D80, but still an awesome camera. Plus, you can get a better zoom for times that its needed.
If money is an issue, I love love love my Canon SD850 IS. (I did NOT like the Canon SD1000 and returned it.) The zoom isn't so great (4x), but I found that in order to get a compact camera with more zoom, I'd have to get one that used AAA batteries! Yuck! I really like my lithium batteries! They last longer and are free to charge! They last longer too.
All the photos on my site for the past few months were taken with that camera. The 8 Mg pixels isn't shabby either. Anything more than that would be for enlarging photos to 34x26 or larger, and how often do we do that? If we were professional photographers, yes, but for home use, not that much.
Duh, I meant a NIKON D40. I've got Canon on the brains since I consider it to be the best compact camera around! ;o)
Hi Janelle,
Well since we just bought a camera here is what I have found. We decided to go with the Nikon D60. It is half a pound lighter then the Cannon Rebal and costco was offering a wonderful package deal and still is until early July. You get the 2 lens, the camera bag and the card. I was also tired of taking photos when my kid was up on stage, and hardly being able to see him because the photo would turn out so dark. To us it was well worth the money.
If you are looking for something small I would go with the cannon elf. I know several people who have one and they all love it.
Post a Comment