(a picture of breakfast-don't you love when everything matches??)Father's Day was perfect (if I do say so myself). I woke up bright and early and made Garth French Toast stuffed with marscapone cheese and strawberries, Shelby made eggs, and I cooked up some bacon. And of course some whipped cream and strawberries on the side. Oh, and did I mention that he got to sleep in a bit while I got everyone ready for church?
Church was good, his class went well, then we headed to the park for dinner with the Pulsiphers to celebrate Father's Day and (one of our favorite people in the world) Jeff's birthday. It was so much fun-I think Garth would probably say it was his best day yet (I will have to ask him). Just asked-he said, "Probably, why? The water hog one was a pretty good one too. They are always good. Have I had a bad one?" (My insert-I can't think of a bad one. But this was one was just lovely!) Anyway-so we had a potluck BBQ at the park and I brought Joanna's yummy salad (recipe will be posted on the recipe blog soon-I have to make it again since I forgot to take a picture, oops!). Garth grilled VERY YUMMY chicken and we also brought peanut butter cookies and peanut butter munchies for Jeff's birthday gift. (Those I will post on The Isom Ate)
Then we came home, called and sang to our Dad's for Father's Day and snuggled up in bed to watch a movie and just hang out. Oh-insert that Garth and I both got a quick nap in the afternoon. It was oh so nice! :-)
All in all, just as I said-a perfect day. Happy Father's Day to Garth-a terrific Dad who stays constant through all of his wife's craziness, loves his kids, is sensitive to their needs, and just loves us all more than we could ever possibly deserve. How I snagged him I will never know, but I am ever so glad that I did!
0 comments:
Post a Comment