Tuesday, October 07, 2008

What a Great Day...

So, today was just plain great. We woke up early (well I guess that wasn't so great) and had family prayer and scriptures (great). Garth headed off to work, I went to lay down because I wasn't feeling too hot and accidentally fell asleep (both not so great), but woke up and pulled off getting the middle school kids to school (whew!) and then the elementary kids off. Afterwards I went to work on burning Garth a CD mix (great). We decided that this year it would be fun to act like teenagers and burn a mix for each other along with our traditional letter that we write to one another. So, a CD burning I did go. For those that know me, you guys know I am HORRIBLE with lyrics. So, you would have been proud-I looked up all the lyrics to every song (and there were 55) to make sure that I thought they fit the "two of us." And...to go with Garth's CD we got him an ipod (great). He has been wanting one for SO LONG and mine doesn't seem to hold enough songs for him-so he now has his own and is VERY excited. Especially since the songs I burned I created a playlist with too. After the ipod gift giving we...

went to dinner at a Thai restaurant here called Salas which was very, very yummy! (great)

Oh, did I mention that Garth got me this? A picture of the San Diego Temple! (GREAT) My brother-in-law, Casey, has a brother named Jason that take wonderful pictures. I saw this on his site a little after they came to stay with us and loved it...and Garth arranged with Jason to get it! (Yippee for me!!!) (Click on Jason's name if you would like to see more...)
PS Sorry the picture isn't better Jason-it is 10:00 pm and we have horrible lighting in there!

And then since he was hanging a picture anyway he got to work on our family pictures. (great)They are a little bit (okay a lot bit) more of a pain. He is currently cursing family pictures in his head, I think. :-) (maybe not so great?)


Back to the Thai place-here is our self-portrait. I look a little funny(not so great?), but I really wasn't drugged-at least I don't think so. ;-) (Sorry for the jumbled order.)
This is the cute rose that was at the top of our straw...I loved it! (great)
Garth's food...(oh so yummy-mango, chicken, shrimp curry) (totally great)
And mine...pineapple fried rice with chicken and shrimp. (deliciously great)

What a night, what a night! I feel so lucky! Now I am going to go cuddle up with my very cute husband, watch a movie, and have some quality time of our very own!

Have a great night everyone! We did and will! :-)
(GREAT!!)

3 comments:

Laura Nipper said...

Awe so nice to have a date together as husband and wife. Did you guys recently move? I keep meaning to ask you. Happy Anniversary.

Rachel said...

Altogether great! Love your picture and love love love Thai food - we have frequented that place many a time!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the anniversary. I need to come see the picture myself; its the largest print I've ever made. Happy Anniversary!