When I was growing up you could have your ears pierced at 6. I think every one of us did. So, it seemed the thing to do with my girls. Well, Shelby didn't agree. Instead, she decided to wait. We were okay with that. Once Starlee was old enough to realize that Shelby was waiting to have her ears pierced it became a more common topic around our house (mostly her pleading with Shelby to realize how important having pierced ears is and couldn't she please, oh, please get it done herself-and then ask Mom to lower the age requirement for cute little sisters...). So, Shelby had her ears pierced in '08 and Starlee turned 6 in '09. (Finally.) Here is a chronical of that event. Hopefully the pictures do it justice.

Shelby ties back her hair. Big sister was right there to help. (We were all there, actually. All 8 Isoms and my Mom.)

Dad is there as she gets a little nervous. I think she realized we hadn't googled the process for her to see exactly what was going to happen.

Dad being the stable reassuring man that he is. (I love that about him.)

This doesn't hurt...

Excuse the language...but "HOLY COW! I think you just tore off my ear! I can't believe my parents made me do this!" At least that is what she looks like she is thinking!

Dad telling her it will stop hurting...

After walking around the mall trying to calm down we ended up at the food court for dinner. Apparently the pain was still real, very real.

After a little promise of Panda Express it was all better-love the quick change to a smile. (It took about 3 minutes and the promise of orange chicken...and noodles.)
Oh-the picture if of Trev & Shelby. The benefits of younger sisters-Panda Express.

Ethan and Ry are glad to share the benefits of her traumatic experience.

My Mom and Starlee. See-all better.

And then there is the 2 of us. Where did the wrinkles come from? Maybe taking the 6 year old to get her ears pierced? ;-)
1 comments:
Wow Lady! When you catch up, you really catch up! You are awesome!
Post a Comment