So, we had a friend come over last week. (He has adorable kids...by the way) Anyway, he was asking one of his youngest who the boss was at home? And, not surprising considering a lot of kids answer this way (at least when not influenced by parents), he said "Mom" and that the 2nd boss was him and then Dad. (This was to be funny-he was cracking himself up on a 3 year old level.) Anyway, we were talking about how we thought our kids would answer, since they definitely don't seem to follow any traditional attitudes. A couple of nights ago Garth asked the kids who the boss was in our house? (By the way-I was nervous thinking they might answer me and I was hoping for more of a 50/50 kind of thing-one of those funny big deal kind of things to me.) Anyway-out of 6 kids we ended up with 50% saying Dad is the boss and Mom likes him a lot so she does what he wants and the other 50% argued with the first that Dad & Mom are BOTH the boss. So, we have done a good job teaching 50% of our kids-now we only have 50% to go! ;-) We are just trying to decide which 50% we want to change...how do you think your kids would answer? And...who do you want to be the boss?
I for one go with the first 50% of my kids-G is the boss and I like him so I do what he says (unless I disagree, which he usually wins anyway because he is better looking and definitely more stubborn).

1 comments:
That is funny. I heard a comment in church one week. She said "when I was about to get married no one prepared me that I would be running the show" I thought that is so true. What would our husbands do without us. Thanks so much Janelle for the invite to your blog.This is a new adventure for me and I am finding that it is way fun.
Post a Comment