Happy Birthday Jenna!
So, I wanted to start off with an important event today...now to the not such a big deal, but funny to me. Here is the conversation (& situation) I just listened to:
(Crash-not glass crash, but plastic)
Ry: "Uh...oh!"
Me: No prob Ry, we will just clean up the water!
(Me thinking: thank goodness I gave him water, he is a klutz like his mother)
(so I start wiping it up)
Starlee: "Ry, that was your fault."
Ry: "Yep!" (He is a man of VERY few words-which he is getting tested for in May)
Me: "Who spilled their applesauce?"
Starlee: "It was Ry-I would have told you."
(me thinking: yeah, right)
Ry: "No, you did it."*
Starlee: "No, you did it."*
*Take the starred lines and multiply x 10.
Yep-we have hit that stage. I love the "you did it stage." For my sanity I think I need to teach them to sign it. Then they can have at this glorious stage and it won't bother me a bit. I am glad that Ryden is learning to at least talk when it requires standing up for yourself. Starlee has a tendency to just do whatever she wants while we all jump out of the way! ;-)
That's my story for the day, I hope everyone has a good one!


4 comments:
That's a really cute story! At least he admits it when it really IS his fault! What an honest kid :)
Thank you! That is a cute story! It's hard for me to even imagine him talking since the last time we saw him he was still being stubborn : )
Margaret has struggled with speech too. We started her listening to "The Listening Program" twice a day, and her speech is taking off! Sometimes its just a matter of getting the two sides of the brain working together! ;o)
Cameron has auditory processing disorder, and The Listening Program was the only thing that really helped him. He scored higher on his ASVAB than another person, who just graduated from the U of U, who took it the same day! I think his AP problem was overcome! ;o)
I spend $400 on it years ago, and its been an amazing thing for ALL my kids!
http://www.thelisteningprogram.com/
We are in the same boat over her with Morgan. I am starting to see imporvements. She has an eval with the school district in April to see if she qualifies for more speech. Soon enough though I know are little ones will be talking away. Hugs to you all.
Post a Comment