Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

For St. Patrick's Day we didn't do a traditional Irish meal, instead we went with the whole green theme. I have been wanting to try to make Tallarin Verde (sin Milanesa de Pollo). So, I did. And it came out pretty well. I cheated a bit and bought the pesto base and just added the varying ingredients since our basil plant has no basil on it and it was HORRIBLY expensive at the store. Tallarin Verde is one of my favorite Peruvian dishes. It is basically a pesto mixed with spinach, evaporated milk, and some spices. Maybe this should be my first recipe post...we will see. Anyway, instead of green french bread we went with a green swirl instead (I thought it would be prettier)and of course broccoli and a green jello salad (my Mom sent green Jell-O as part of her package so I came up with a salad to use it in). This picture is of Garth's plate and is followed by pictures of the kids during dinner and afterwards enjoying their St. Patrick's goodies from their package from my Mom and Dad. We hope all of you had a great day! Luck O the Irish to you all! :-)

PS Oh-and they reminded me just now we had green lemonade. Our lemon tree produces all year and so we have a lot of homemade lemonade. The kids thought it was even more fun green!







1 comments:

Jelly said...

I wish I was there! That looks so good!