Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Our Easter celebrations...

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law sent us a very cool book last year called A Christ-Centered Easter by Janet and Joe Hales that gives things day by day that you can do with your kids and as a family to follow the timeline of events

in relation to Easter. Things have been a bit crazy here with getting ready for our trip to Utah, but we have taken the time every evening to go over at least what was happening at the time along with the applicable scriptures and a story. We have really enjoyed this book! Last year we used it as well. I am hoping that as we use it every year I will get better and better about doing more and more. For now, I am happy with the scripture reading, discussions, stories, and discussion of the stories. Next year I would like to make the oil lamps and the palm fronds (sp?). Anyway, we have done a small square of posterboard where we can write little notes to one another as well. Since we leave on Friday it isn't huge, but I will try and take a picture later on today. For now I am off to the store to grab some groceries for a baby shower tonight.


As a side note, this book is great for more than just Easter celebrations. We are using some portions of it for our Stake Primary Leadership Meeting. My friend, Crystal, our Stake Primary President has the book as well and we were both going over some of the things we love and decided it would be great to use for our ward primary leaders! It has been a great addition to our library!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Its a great book!! We love it!

Wendy said...

Janelle, looks like a great resource -- I'd like to see it someday. You guys are doing such great things with your lucky kids. I hope you can talk Garth into a trip out East sometime!

Anne said...

Are you guys home from Utah yet? How was your trip? Did you find snow? Has your sister had her baby yet? Hope you made it home safe and sound!

Vicki said...

FYI - My friend is the artist of this picture. Her husband is an institute teacher at the U with Allan.