Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Simplify

As I was thinking today about my list of things to do I was grateful for all things simple. My list every day is about the same. I have a few goals that I am working on being better at this year. I have a cleaning schedule, a reading schedule (our stake president challenged us to read all 4 standard works this year) for personal study as well as family study, a dinner schedule, a basic schedule for my calling (& Garth's), a homework schedule for the kids (includes musical instrument practice), etc.-we have been trying to incorporate these more and more since the beginning of the year. Is everything perfect yet? No. But, we are getting there. I know that as a family we are getting even more done. We are definitely looking forward to our garden and planting schedule (coupled with the weeding schedule). I am not sure how all of you do what you do. I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time with just the basics, but at the same time I am thankful for things that bring me peace and contentment. So, what is on my mind right now? Simplify. :-)

Oh-and the previous post! :-)

1 comments:

Anne said...

I know what you mean about simplifying! I've tried to simplify my life by focusing. I've set up study time for myself and time for the kids....they HAVE to be in bed by 7 so that I can have my free time, and I don't get on the computer or pick up my books during their "time."

Many of the things on my list of "to do" items are things that will simplify my life in the long run. Like you, we are making changes in cleaning schedules, etc. It all helps, and we are getting so much more done! ;o)

One of the largest "simplify" items that we've undertaken this year is getting rid of stuff! We are down to the basics (in prep. for going abroad) but also just to make our lives easier. Less stuff = less time taking care of, cleaning, organizing, etc. Its been really wonderful for our family!