Friday, February 22, 2008

Bell's Birthday Morning...with brownish hair

Our 11 year old woke up this morning very excited to start her day! Garth and I were already up making French Breakfast Muffins and scrambled eggs. Last night we had hung a little sign, blown up some balloons, and put out the card from my Grandma & Grandpa Goodner and Grandma Gigi as well as the gift that my parents had sent and, of course, arrived right on schedule (I am still working on that kind of timing). Bells was so excited to open her present on her birthday! Here are a few pictures from this morning. Note the shirt that my parents sent her and the fact that she is wearing it today (she went and changed before school she was so excited)! Our family is definitely a chocolate family and this is the perfect shirt for one of our kids!! :-)

**PS Shelby's hair is darker in the pictures because we dyed it. Before anyone freaks out-it is the wash out kind. But, it takes 28 washes or so. (We are figuring a bit more since she is so blonde.) She had a school report to do where she dressed up as that person, and well, her person had brown hair. She thought it would be fun to dye it, I thought it would be fun to see how the other half lives with brunette daughters that actual resemble them, and so Garth and I dyed it. It is already a bit lighter. I will have to post about her "dark hair" experiences later. But, enjoy-you get a double kind of post and I didn't even realize it! :-)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! He hair looks like its getting darker.

TheIsom8 said...

yeah-about that, we died it. I forgot to mention that. I think maybe I should add an addendum to the post. Sorry about that...I kept meaning to take a picture and then forgot. We love you! :-)

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Shelby!! Very cute shirt that you got!

We like the hair! You look like your mom!

Aunt Anne, and the cousins, Bella, Chloe, Noor and Emme

Jelly said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! I was sitting at work and picked up my phone to call and realized that she was probably at school so...I'll call later! Love you!

Laura Nipper said...

Happy birthday Shelby. I forgetten it was so close to Aiden's. The track looks like a ton of fun. Hope you're having a grea week.