I am so thankful for this guy. I was going through my pictures and came across this from just the other night. Garth is the Webelos leader in our ward to some very fun, active boys. This is him right after he had lit the fire pit so everyone could warm up next to the fire (they had been swimming). I have no idea how he does what he does, but he does it well. He works long hours, finds time to teach the Webelos (& is great at it-fun & accomplishes things-perfect!), supports me in my calling (which takes up way more time than we like & I am away a lot), always makes time for the kids, cares about his employees, and helps me with anything that I need help with. He is multi-talented as well from building houses to creating light, heavenly desserts easily worthy of an expensive bakery. (our friends are extremely jealous-I think he like to make everyone look bad!) ;-)
All in all he is a wonderful, handsome, thoughtful man and I am very grateful that I suckered him into marrying me! Six kids and a lot of pregnant years later he still loves me and has supported and loved me through the best and worst of pregnancy, having kids, nursing, etc. right back to being closer to the "me" I remember being. I love being married to him, having our children together, and parenting together. I am thankful every day for the great guy I have.
Well, I am sure this is not eloquently written since I am taking a quick break from the 19 EAK quilts Garth is "supporting me" in making for Trevon's EAK class. (Here in Alpine they make a quilt for each child with accomplishments and things they have learned in EAK-I was the only one that could sew in his class. My friend from another ward was the lucky seamstress for that class-again the only one that could sew! Why weren't there more Mormons in EAK this year??? And why doesn't anyone else know how to sew a quilt????)
Anyway-I love the guy and just wanted to announce it since June 12th is Kiss Day for us and he is always on my mind!! (Sappy I know!)
(the day we met in 92 and kissed in 94)
Thursday, June 07, 2007
My Handsome Man
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment