Last night Starlee, Ry, and I went to a girls night out party at the Holmes'. All the guys were on the Father/Son Campout so it was the perfect opportunity to get together and scrapbook, sort through all of your pictures (me), hang out, laugh, dress up (Starlee), get hugged to death by all of the girls (Ry), and of course EAT!!
Anyway-as Starlee and I were getting ready to head over there we had to figure out what pajamas we wanted to wear. Starlee has a favorite pair of pajamas that Garth and I bought her for Christmas that she calls her "cute pajamas." Are the rest of her huge pile of pajamas cute-of course, but somehow Garth and I's purchase was deemed the cute one! Hooray for us, I guess! So, when we were picking out what pair I wanted to wear Starlee commented that I have as many pajamas as she does! And I looked and realized something new about myself-I love pajamas! Right now, the picture above is of my favorite pair! I have 4 pairs so that when the first wears out I can replace it with the 2nd, and so on! The whole point being that Garth loves chocolate...you get the idea. So, does anyone else love pajamas as much as I do? Has anyone ever thought about it? I hadn't until I went to pick out which pair I would wear. (I chose the pair above.)
So that was our night and realization all in one. Starlee is a pajama collector just like me. I wonder if she will get into the whole shoe thing too...? or cooking?
Mmm...as a side note we had great food last night. Starlee and I's contribution was French Bread with Spinach Artichoke Dip and a Peach Kutchen. There were chips, brownies, fruit with fruit dip, hummus & pita chips (VERY yummy), guacamole (again-a favorite of mine), homemade ice cream, cake, sodas (or Diet for those of us that were trying to minimize the calories as much as a night of food debauchery (sp?) will allow), turkey (thanks to Sarona-we needed protein!!!), and I am missing more, but you get the idea. It was so much fun and so incredibly yummy!!
Thanks Julie for hosting all of us there! Ten Moms (off the top of my head in case I missed someone) and their daughters (and/or RyRys) was no small group! You are awesome!!!
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Girls Night Out-Food, Fun, Favorite Pajamas
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
8:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Let's just say my kids would stay in their PJ's all day if I let them. There is just something about cotton. So soft and cozy.
I sent you an email did you get it? If not you can go into my profile on the blog and send me an email that way. Not sure if I have the right email for you.
Post a Comment