Okay, this is definitely not meant to offend anyone. (Is this when as a blogger you should stop or keep going?) We were driving last night from dinner and saw one of these stickers with the family's name on it, let's say "Smith Family," above the pictures. According to their stickers they have 4 girls (I guess I am assuming that the stickers are an actual representation of the family dynamics). Now, we have been debating for some time about the anonymity, or lack of, on our blog and what we want to do about it, etc.-since we have definitely heard of people that have had weirdo comments on their blogs and of course the worries of sexual predators. But, this is my beef this morning (& last night)-it seems to me we have sickos in the blogging world, no doubt about that, but don't these stickers advertise for the sicko down the street what is available on said street? I know they aren't intended this way, but they seem like an advertisement of what is within and that concerns me. I can only imagine what my family car would have looked like with 5 girl stickers right in a row with 3 boys following. I am probably completely overreacting, but has anyone else thought the same thing? Or is it just me and I am not into the "cute stuff" enough? (that could be it too...)Thursday, July 24, 2008
Those stickers on the back of cars...
Okay, this is definitely not meant to offend anyone. (Is this when as a blogger you should stop or keep going?) We were driving last night from dinner and saw one of these stickers with the family's name on it, let's say "Smith Family," above the pictures. According to their stickers they have 4 girls (I guess I am assuming that the stickers are an actual representation of the family dynamics). Now, we have been debating for some time about the anonymity, or lack of, on our blog and what we want to do about it, etc.-since we have definitely heard of people that have had weirdo comments on their blogs and of course the worries of sexual predators. But, this is my beef this morning (& last night)-it seems to me we have sickos in the blogging world, no doubt about that, but don't these stickers advertise for the sicko down the street what is available on said street? I know they aren't intended this way, but they seem like an advertisement of what is within and that concerns me. I can only imagine what my family car would have looked like with 5 girl stickers right in a row with 3 boys following. I am probably completely overreacting, but has anyone else thought the same thing? Or is it just me and I am not into the "cute stuff" enough? (that could be it too...)
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have turtles, but they are generic. My car is being detailed on the 31st, and so I'll probably have them removed then.
I too don't like it when people advertise girls/boys, and NAMES! That one just floors me! I've heard that predators get to know kids by their names, and then pretend that they know them. The kids fall for it because they don't recognize all of their parents friends.
I like the idea of protecting our kids names. BTW, could you use our "pretend names" on your blog too?
Okay, we both know how I feel about stickers in general...but the names and families kill me! I guess whatever floats their boat (that's me being nice for a difference of opinion). Another one I don't get is the in loving memory of...I know I sound heartless they just drive me crazy (I guess I believe in being a little more personal). Anyway...love you!
Post a Comment