I was just reading some information on the fires here and was amazed at how quickly humanitarian efforts have reached San Diego. To the left is a picture of missionaries unloading supplies sent from Salt Lake, etc. to Qualcomm stadium. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has sent 6 semi truck loads that included 28,000 blankets, 26,000 hygiene kits, processed foods, cots, and other supplies and I have no doubt that there is more to come. Another 2 semi-trucks were scheduled to be delivered to the Del Mar Fairgrounds today. In addition we have 13 church buildings used as sites for evacuation in conjunction with the Red Cross. I feel blessed to belong to a church that is so service minded. All of us have heard about the numerous supplies sent during Hurricane Katrina, the earthquake in Peru, etc. and I know that I feel so warm and fuzzy when I think of the love and service shown for those members of our fair city by members of our church worldwide. I just thought I would share this picture that I found on the website real quickly since it warmed my heart. There have been many different organizations donating supplies, including the local BSA council here, but it warms my heart to be part of a an awesome church that provides service worldwide with a happy heart and helpful hands
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints-Helpful Hands & A Happy Heart
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so cool, my work is also helping alot with the employees involved in the fires. Hope you don't have to leave your home. Thinking of you Kirk and Tori. Also are you still coming up to Utah for thanksgiving? the ski resorts may be open with the snow the mountains has recieved. tori
You can always count on the Church to help. That is truly great, isn't it? We're glad your family made it through okay. I know many others weren't so fortunate. Take care out there!
I like the new background! Cute! We're glad to hear that you haven't had to evacuate your home. Isn't it great that the Church is so quick to respond!
Anne
Pretty amazing organization isn't it.
Thanks for dropping by, you're in!
Post a Comment