Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The fires...again the pictures are not exactly up to date

Well, we are hanging out in the house again today. How can things be so crazy and calm all at the same time? ;-) The air is better here than in a lot of the other parts of the county-but it still isn't great. Considering the kids I have with allergies (not to mention mine worsening the older I get) we are definitely sticking with the staying indoors thing. We were thinking we didn't have a whole lot to worry about, but the news just said we may have to evacuate anyway. It seems the Harris fire may come up through South Alpine, although it will be awhile off (if ever) since the winds have definitely died down (yeah!). I must say that what I am impressed with the most is the way that our law enforcement, county and city, as well as different fire departments, Cal Fire, etc. have handled this tragedy. I am impressed with how the news coverage is as well! This is definitely not a "repeat" of the some of the things that caught everyone off guard with the Cedar Fires and as a county and city San Diego seems to have really learned from that experience. I am personally thankful that the fire coming to the street next to us has not been repeated as the situation was for us during the Cedar Fires. I am thankful for a husband that was so great about handling his pre-determined items for evacuation. Everything that we had planned out really seemed to work just as we had planned. My brother is such a great guy and came up just in case we needed any help too! My sisters kept in contact and were ready if we needed them as we were if they needed us! My parents have been calling regularly just checking to make sure we are okay, which we are so thankful for the phone calls that just remind us that they love us! Garth's Mom called yesterday to check and see how we are! My brother-in-law, Jason, is working so hard to keep San Diego safe fighting the fire and my sister, Jocelyn, is incredibly brave all on her own while she lets the rest of us here in San Diego borrow her husband! :-) Situations like this really give you the opportunity to reflect on how blessed we all are to have our lives, to be safe, to have families that love us, and to have great friends that we adore too! So-we are here for now, hanging out, hoping we don't need to evacuate, and just being thankful for all of you!




0 comments: