Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire anyone?

Here in San Diego there are a BUNCH of fires blowing around. It is crazy around here and the devastation is just so incredibly heart-wrenching. We have had a huge number of homes, commercial buildings, etc. that have burned. The winds are blowing so very strong and you can feel them hit the windows of the house, etc. Garth and I are packed up and ready to evacuate when we get the call. Trevor & Jocelyn have already gotten the voluntary evacuation call, so we were thinking it would be pretty soon. But, no call. Maybe since they have less inlets and outlets they phoned them sooner. Who knows, but we are ready for the if and when. Below I have a link for a slide show that shows some of the areas of the fires. It is a few hours ago, but you will definitely get the idea of how bad it is here and how many families have had tragedy hit!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow/14396456/detail.html?taf=dgo

We are so incredibly thankful for our firefighters. My brother-in-law Jason is one of those brave men and I hope everyone else recognizes their heroism and keeps them in your prayers, please, since they are totally working their booties off for us! Have a great night everyone! I will try and update a bit more since I have some time since we can't go outside, it is late, and I have been meaning to do it for weeks! :-)

1 comments:

Laura Nipper said...

OMW can you believe this whole fire thing. It is so scary and so unreal. Be safe up in Alpine and leave as quickly as possible if you have to get out.