Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Tarantula...

We had a tarantula in our yard, well actually on our window. I was outside washing all of the windows-our large window in the living room, specifically, for this story! Anyway, I was going along my way washing all of the windows and came back to this one-I wanted to make sure that it was clean. On the ledge there was a HUGE black spider!
So, like any tough mother I called Garth and asked him how you kill a tarantula!

Of course he told me to hit it with a shovel...ummm...that would break the window....any other ideas? "Use a broom"

(Janelle to Ethan) E-does is seem to you that a broom would not be strong enough?
(E) I'm not doing it.

(Janelle) The broom is out. We don't think it is tough enough. (or deadly enough)
(Garth) Have Garin kill it!
(Janelle) HAHAHAHA!
(Garth) What????
(Janelle) He isn't tough enough-this spider is HUGE!

Janelle calls Garin outside and they put their heads together! After much fear and realization that no one in our family is a spider fan we come up with the oh so brilliant plan that I will use water to get it to move away from the window so Garin can smack it with the shovel against the side of the house.

We do just that...I use the water. He hits it...it falls to the ground...and he kills it...chopping it into little pieces and providing our soil with natural fertilizer!

Yeah Garin!! Below is a picture of a tarantula (not the one at our house...I wasn't going to get that close) and Garin triumphing with his weapon of choice...what a man!!


2 comments:

Jenna said...

I hate spiders. We have a ton in our apartment all the time. Good thing they aren't tarantulas though :|

Jocelyn said...

You go Garin. Now I know who to call. Garinbuster