I turned 32 this past Sunday. I had a great day and I can't believe I didn't take a single picture. So, I will tell you about my birthday weekend! :-)
It all started on Thursday...
Garth and I were scheduled to do ward sealings at the temple. It was a great night! We did sealings with our GREAT friends the Pulsiphers and the Rands. Afterwards we went to Islands for dinner (one of my favorites). It was a perfect evening. Oh, and we came home to an immaculate house because Shanae is an amazing babysitter! :-)
Friday afternoon Martha Beher was the sweetest person and watched the kids for me while I went to the 1st Friday lunch with Garth and his crew at Red Robin. (He takes his employees to lunch the 1st Friday of every month.) Lunch was great! I had forgotten how much I like the Teriyaki Chicken Burger there. It was hard to stay away from the fries! He has great employees and I had a great time!
Friday we went to dinner with some more GREAT friends the Behers (Haski & Martha). They introduced us to Phil's BBQ in Point Loma. It was very, very yummy! Afterwards we went to the Naval Base and saw Live Free, Die Hard. I like it! Of course I wasn't expecting realistic events, so for me it was exactly what I was looking for. An evening of Bruce Willis' sarcastic comments on a big screen. I love hanging out with Haski and Martha. We have only known them a short time, but isn't it cool when you meet someone it seems you have know so much longer?
Saturday we worked hard in the morning and then came home to quickly get ready for the Stake Baptism I am in charge of monthly. The Stake Baptism is always wonderful. I love to feel the spirit of the 8 year olds and watch their excitement about being baptized and confirmed. It was a wonderful way to start the evening with Garth. (It was also extra special that I knew the little girl's family really well!)
After the baptism I quickly changed into something more comfortable and Garth and I were off! This year he asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Unable to come up with anything that I felt was vital I asked Garth if we could work out an amount and I would try and figure something out. So, I chose to get Garth a new guitar for my birthday. He practices so hard and a nice guitar is kind of important. So, we headed to Guitar Center and picked out a new guitar for him. I love it! It is a Taylor Guitar (locally made)-which is awesome quality and their factory is here, so if he ever needs anything he can easily get it repaired!
Anyway, after he picked out his guitar (which took a little more time than I had allotted, so it threw our schedule off a bit), we headed to Rubio's for dinner. Then we went to Target to get me a couple of skirts and a birthday dress (which I used my birthday checks for-thanks to everyone that sent me something). With the Stake Baptisms, meetings, regular church, etc. it is nice to have a few more options and not feel that I am ALWAYS wearing the same thing. (You know what I mean?) So, after Target we headed to Fashion Valley to see Bourne Ultimatum. It was sold out. So, we adjusted our schedule again and went to Extraordinary Desserts to get some yummy dessert and my birthday cake! And then we made a VERY quick trip to the grocery store (Where we saw the other member of the primary presidency Peggie-that was fun) and then finally saw Bourne Ultimatum at the 10:45 pm showing (and Garth stayed awake the entire time!).
Sunday I had the privilege of helping with our ward primary. Their president and one of their presidency members were out of town, so I conducted (I am not as familiar as maybe I should be with what teachers teach what class, etc.) and the other presidency "put out fires." By the way-can I mention what an awesome presidency they are? My kids love them!! Anyway-it was a great treat for my birthday to spend it with our primary. I really enjoy all 100 of them! My sister-in-law Jocelyn poked her head in and wished me a happy birthday too! It was so sweet!
Sunday afternoon Garth & Martha Beher made my birthday dinner. We had chicken with mango salsa (which I think if one of my favorites now), garlic fried rice, I concocted a raspberry jello salad (made up the recipe-I think it turned out pretty good), rolls, etc. The Beher family, Trevor & Jocelyn Isom & family, and my sister Jocelyn & kids came to share my day with me. I felt super special and was grateful for their presence as well as all of the birthday wishes by phone from my side of the family! I feel very loved! I went to bed a very happy camper-too bad my poor husband was sick and had a pretty yucky feeling day. (He even had to stay home from church which is pretty rare for him!)
My birthday even continued into Monday when one of my absolute greatest friends, Kerity, took me to lunch at Rubio's (my choice). (Has anyone noticed that I REALLY like Rubio's?) :-) To top it off Martha and Lis came too. It was a great girl's lunch. I can't believe how spoiled I was the entire 5 days of birthday fun! I am so grateful for all of the wonderful family and friends that I have and I am looking forward to another year! :-)
Thursday, August 09, 2007
And 32 is here to stay...at least for a year
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
11:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy (belated) Birthday! I am glad you had such a good time!
I'm glad your birthday was great! I love you tons!
You've been tagged:
http://islandschoolhouse.com/?p=310
hola hermano
hi isom pleasesoy el hermano ORLANDO quiero comunicarme contigo por favor llamame al 99797937 o al a casa 3564730 hay muchas cosas que deseo contarte eh pero lo mas importante es saber como estas y si esta comunicacion entra correctamente por medio de este correo puedes escribirme y trata de llamarme a mi celular porque del mio no alcanza la señal en la mañana trate de llamerte de un telefono publico escribeme correctamente tu numero por que al gun numero hemos copiado mal estoy observando todas las fotgarfias de tu correo realmente saludos a cadA uno de tu familia de manera especial a todos a la hermana ISOM tuvimos el honor de conocerla personalmente estamos en un tiempo de descanso obligado por la falta de oportunidades de trabajo pero si tienes algo por alla creo que em vendria bien para salir de este apuro mi esposa esta un poco delicada apresuro intespectivamente la menopausea por que perdio a su hermano mayor en el mes de mayo dejo de existir esto ocasiono una fuerte impresion cerebral aun le duele la cabeza y los oidos le molestan continuamente es dificil conciliar sueño y ella toma pastillas la cual me preocupa momentaneamente a mejorado lijeramnete pero aun le queda malestares mucho mas la preocupacion por mi falta de trabajo creo que ire a provincia eh por aqui hay mucha escases tuve que vender parte de mis herramientas de trabajo: por parte de mis hijos todos bien con mucho anhelo y esperanza creemos que jhonny y claudia cumpliran con la meta de ir a mision dentro de muy poco estan capacitandose y preparando sus papeles david continua asistiendo a seminariolo cual me alegra y satisface que cada uno de ellos le nasca emn su coarzon el servir a DIOS en la iglesia de JESUCRIST OF THE SAINT OF OFTER DAYS por parte de carmencita estoy tranquilo porque en su hogar hay paz y trankilidad y siuficiencia sabiendo que el sacerdocio con mis nietos percistiran y tendre 2 misioneros mas para nuestro señor te ruego intestes comunicarte pronto tu Hrno con mucho cariño ORLANDO VALERA y STA- CLARA VITARTE stone_jdick@hotmail.com
Post a Comment