Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another update (this one is a bit jumbled...but it will "almost" catch me up)

Election morning, bright and early, before school we went and held signs to give one last push to the voters about the importance of marriage. Well, Garin came away unscathed (no tardy)-Shelby wasn't so lucky (See the stamp on her hand-we called it a badge of honor, or maybe it was just the rain that made us late. I think we could have made it if the road hadn't of been wet). Maybe she should have told the teacher she was late because of the rain and not that she was holding signs to urge voters to vote for Prop 8? (Not my girl-tell it like it is and then do your book report on Emma Smith too!) :-)
Some cupcakes I made for a friends birthday. Dark chocolate cupcakes with nutella filling. I LOVE nutella.




Starlee received an award at school. This is her face when they called her name. Not exactly thrilled, huh? It was more of a "What-you don't really think I am going up there, do you?" face. So...we waited for her to get up.

Luckily she has a VERY sweet teacher who offered to go up with her and made Starlee's day. Because it isn't that she is against recognition-just recognition by herself!

And here is Starlee and her teacher. Starlee just adores her!

This is the savory bread that I made for something...is it horrible that I can't remember what for the life of me? Anybody remember?

Jocelyn, Trevor, Violet, and Lucas came for a visit. This toy has been with us for ages (thank you Jaleen-you have hit longest lasting toy with this one). It has been left outside, cleaned, dropped from second stories and it continues on. Violet loves it-so we will keep it around for awhile! ;-) (of course my kids dig it too, so that helps!)

And for the ender of enders here is Uncle Garth playing with Lucas. I love the hat, personally, you?

4 comments:

Jelly said...

So glad the toy rocks!!! Um, also...that is PARTY bread! As Xanning says,"cause it's a party in your mouth."

Derek and Becky said...

Is that the former Jocelyn Vaughn in the picture with Garth. Wow I have not seen her for years. She looks great. Pass it along to her from the former Becky Huff. Merry Christmas to you all.

Johnson said...

Janelle- that bread looks absolutely delicious. Which reminds me, you wanted that orange roll recipe. I am going to have to get that to you.

Team Fifield said...

I'm catching up too! I think the holidays put almost all of us behind! Thanks AGAIN for taking my kids the day of the ward party. Btw- VERY cute dress today! :)