So, I am going to try and do the Tuesday SPT every week by Lelly! It seems such a great way to reflect and think about things. This weeks item is what is my "new you resolution?" (in one word)
I have been thinking and thinking about this. Every year I write down things that I would like to better about myself, the things I do, etc.-but this year I would like to go even farther. Maybe actually accomplish at least 75% of the list-something drastic like that. I would like to be more organized, more spiritual, more tone, more thoughtful, more loving, and just more. I would like to put into action all the things (or most of the things) ;-) I think of instead of trying to just get as much done every day. I would like to be more proactive instead of reactive.
That being said, I love Lelly's idea of choosing a word for myself to symbolize what I would like to accomplish this year. So the word I have been thinking of is thought.
I would like to give more thought to everything. See things from the other perspective. Take a minute and smell the roses. For someone that likes to have a million things going on, serious thinking doesn't always happen before the action. So, for 2008 I am going to think about it. I am not going to be as impulsive (which has been getting better and better every year anyway), I am going to think about it. Am I going to take as long as Garth or Shelby at a card game? Probably not! ;-) But, I am going to think about who I can help today, whether we really need something or not, if my family is getting all of the healthy food it needs, if spiritually I am progressing or stagnant, and if I am remembering the humility necessary to progress at all. So, here's to taking the time to think about it!! :-)
PS The picture above is obviously not a self-potrait or even a good portrait! (sorry Lelly) I still can't find my camera and my short arm is too short to hold my camera far enough to get a decent picture and Trevon seemed to cut off part of my head (and I thought 5'2" was short enough that it didn't warrant the goal of shortening things) ;-). So, here I am Christmas morning thinking how lucky I am to have such a great family, to be surrounded by those I love, to have the knowledge that my Savior loves me, to have a terrific husband that treats me far better than I deserve or could ever imagine, and wondering why we didn't change the clocks to get them to sleep until 10:30 instead of 8:30. Oh well! :-)
Monday, January 07, 2008
SPT Tuesday 1-7-08
Posted by
TheIsom8
at
10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice, that sounds great! Except who is Lelly and what's SPT?
I was wondering the same thing!
Lelly has a cool blog (someone I "met" through blogging) and SPT stands for self-portrait Tuesday. Of course that is going to be a little hard considering I still can't find my camera!
Post a Comment