Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mother's Day

I have been a horrible blogger. We have been busy, very busy. So, in an attempt to catch up a bit-a few posts (not in chronological order-sorry).
Mother's Day was the day after Ethan's birthday (another post), which was fun. Next year we will share the day (or I will just give it to him after breakfast)! My favorite part of Mother's Day is breakfast. Garth is a GREAT cook, so breakfast is absolutely wonderful-a big bonus. And of course in our house presentation is a big deal. This year he did absolutely terrific (rivaling my Father's Day last year, so I am definitely feeling the "presentation" pressure for Father's Day this year.)! I asked for Chilaquiles and Cottage Potatoes from one of my favorite cookbooks from The Cottage restaurant!
Here are some of my festivity helpers...
and me, no makeup (eek!) with the kids

my breakfast...he gets better every year!
a tealight holder from Starlee

my everlasting boquet of flowers from Trev (I thought this was a terrific idea)

and notecards, a note, and a pen from E-pretty cool, huh?
I love my family!