When I asked Shelby what she would like for her 16th Birthday...she answered with, "A trip to San Diego to see Noel and Kirra." I'll admit-we weren't sure how we were going to pull it off. My Great-Grandma's funeral was scheduled for that week too...and being in San Diego for her birthday was able to happen. Below are Shelby and Noel. Yep-whip cream on their faces. I cannot tell you how many birthday pictures I have of these two with something on their faces. They apparently have no clue how to stay clean. Noel is that friend for Shelby. That friend that you know you knew before you even came to earth. That friend that understands you and loves you no matter what your weaknesses are or how far apart you end up living. That friend that makes you say you want a trip to San Diego above anything else. I love both of these girls. And I love that Noel's mom Martha, loves Shelby and is so good to my daughter. Martha made Chicken Chile Verde, wonderful Spanish Rice and Beans, and salad. Can you tell we are loved? She had our whole clan as well as my sister Jocelyn and her husband Jason & kids too. We had a par-tay! We brought the cupcakes (chocolate oreo with cream filling and vanilla with strawberries & cream cheese filling). A great night.
We are so thankful for Shelby. She really is such a strong young woman. She tries to hard to be a good example and to learn and grow. Garth and I are definitely lucky to be her parents. She chooses great friends (that have great parents-lucky for us) and has been blessed by those amazing friendships. She is a reader like her Mom and sees the divine qualities of others like her Dad. 25% Norwegian and proud. Oldest daughter (thinks she is the oldest period sometimes). Smart. Very smart. A great baker and cook. (from both parents?) A beautiful daughter of God. We love you Shelby.
0 comments:
Post a Comment