Hi everyone! Long time no see. ;-) I have been horrible about blogging. So...I am going to try and get in the groove again. Instead of procrastinating yet again because I am a couple years behind. I am just going to go from here and try and add in past posts when I can. I am hoping this will work. Wish me luck. I am going to need it.
So...as I sit here at the dining room table looking at mounds and mounds of white stuff in the yard I was thinking I would start off with what seems like we have been inundated with--snow and cold! I am trying to "warm" up to the snow. I really am. Why it hasn't worked yet I don't know. Maybe because I hate layering, love open shoes (preferably flip flops), really don't enjoy sliding on the road, love moments of standing out in the sun, etc? Who really cares? We are here. I am learning to layer and have 4 or 5 pairs of "shoes" and kids that love to play in the stuff.
Here is a screen shot on my phone that I sent to Kerity to show exactly why I am freezing my toosh off lately.
Garin scraping the ICE off the driveway. Yep-that is ALL ICE. We had a storm with freezing rain and got to experience BLACK ICE and all that jazz. I am not going to lie. It sucked. But Garin did pull off a total stunt man move before this picture. He (not on purpose) slid down the driveway, did a somersault, and the bottom, and then landed on his feet. Thankfully we can laugh because he is okay. And then he shoveled all that ice off the driveway so that I could go get the other kids. Such a good kid.
This has been our week. We finally have a break today. Lovely. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment