Friday, January 07, 2011

And the rains came down...


A New Years goal of mine is to actually update my blog. I have been horrible the past year. So, slowly, I will recap the last year of pictures-but my main focus will be the future. Make sense?
We spent a wonderful Christmas vacation in Utah and we LOVED every minute of it. (Well, the kids were hoping for a bit more snow...) We were able to meet up with friends in St. George on the way up and the way down (and had so much fun). We played in the snow, saw a BYU basketball game (thanks Dad for coordinating the tickets), a JAZZ game (thank you Dan and Kellie-my first professional basketball game!!), and much much more which will be included in other postings.
We came home after a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks to our family room carpet soaked. SoCal had A LOT of rain and apparently that 2 week old rain decided to set up camp on our family room floor (and wall, and base, and who knows what else...). So, we had to tear up the pad and carpet that night, Garth bleached everything in site to try and kill the mold, and in the meantime we have lovely concrete and are waiting on our builder to get back to us. Why you ask? Because the rain didn't get through the weatherstrip on the door, but in between the jamb and the wall!! Apparently to them, this isn't an emergency. So I am doped up on Benadryl (since I am highly allergic to mold-which hasn't been fun for Garth). And poor Garth, after getting this all cleaned up went to get something out of the garage and found out that the power outage during the same storms must have tripped the breaker for the garage freezer and EVERYTHING was bad and STINKY! No picture-that would have been GROSS! So, a big evening trying to get all of that handled. And now we wait...for the builder to let us know about flooring (sadly it won't be before my 3 yr old and 10 mo. old nephews get here-no crawling or playing downstairs right now) and for the smell to leave our freezer. They have both been bleached (more than once) and I can't wait for this to be over.
But, on the bright side-our vacation was great. And we now can write down one more learning experience in our journals...
Happy New Year! 2011 is only getting better!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow! That is awful! I'm sure that wasn't fun coming home too, but at least you had fun before that :) Weston is looking forward to staying with you!

caseytanner said...

Glad to see your back to blogging. Not glad about the content of it. I'm sure Jashley can sympathize. I'm sure it sucks.

Ashley said...

I am so sorry! I know how awful that can be. I hope everything gets fixed quickly.