Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Jaren's Farewell, Draper Temple, Utah Stuff, and everything else! :-)

My little brother Jaren is going on a mission. So the whole family (and by whole I mean all 8 kids, spouses, children, the whole shebang gathered in Utah to be there for his farewell, etc.), headed up there and of course we tried to get as much in as possible! First up (after the homework, of course) was the Draper Temple Open House! Below are a few pictures!




(the above few were at the building where we waited and then saw a video before being shuttled up to the temple)

Jonathan and the kids.

Our little family. (Is it still little?)

Everyone that came! Thanks Mom for getting the tickets! We loved it! Casey had to stay at the house to work, but Jenna and Weston came, Jaleen flew in just before, and Jonathan came from Provo. Totally cool. Totally.

As featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and now eaten at by the Pitt (D&S)/Isom (J1)/Pitt (J3)/Tanner (J4)/Wilde (J5)/Pitt (J6)/Pitt (J7)/Pitt (J8) family! :-)

*it was pretty busy-and COLD, did I mention that it was cold?
Waiting to order...

still waiting...
uh, I am a bit chilly Papa...
thank goodness for warm uncles...
the missionary (and sister)
Friday night my sister Jocelyn, husband Jason, and kids Jon and Jared showed up. Saturday morning was prep for Jaren's dinner. After the prep, we headed to Temple Square where we met up with Kirk (Garth's brother) and family. My sister, Jocelyn, and family came along too. I love Temple Square. It is always so beautiful. There is always a wedding. Some of the flowers were blooming (we were just a couple of weeks to early for all the spring beauty) and it is always so peaceful and wonderful. A terrific place to meet up with family!
My kids! (wearing their new hats from Bud!)

The Kirk and Garth Isom families

The Kraling and Isom families

in front of the Christus (Starlee loved this)!
After Temple Square we took the kids to East High where they filmed the High School Musical movies. These are an obsession with Starlee. She LOVES them! She love the singing, the clothes, you name it. I love that they are clean, have singing, and did I mention clean? :-)
So, in honor of our stop we did the High School Musical jump. The kids and then Starlee and I (she insisted). Go Wildcats!

After our field trips we headed back to my parents for Jaren's dinner. I forgot to take pictures of the food. There was our normal favorites along with some southern fare in honor of Jackson, Mississippi where Jaren will be serving. Bummer about no pictures, hopefully my Mom did. But, we did get a family picture with my Great-Grandma Gigi and a 5 generation picture with Gigi, Grandma Goodner, my Mom, me, and my girls. Great night. Lots of Pitt relatives that I haven't seen since I was 12 too, very nice!

And some time holding Brett (my nephew), with Ryden, later that night. He is such a cutie!
No Sunday pictures-that's what happens when you forget your camera! oops!

Monday, we went to Cabelas. Otherwise known as heaven for boys!
(The fudge is pretty great too!)
After a stop at RodWorks (for me) we headed to The Mayan for dinner. What fun with the divers, the family, and the laughs!
(I think I am getting better about remembering to take pictures as a quick FYI!)

Ryden had the greatest time sitting by Jonas. How I miss my little brother!
My parents, brothers, us, and my sister Jocelyn and family. You didn't really expect me to name everyone, did you? ;-)
Tuesday we hiked to Farmington mine and Farmington pond.

In the mine.

outside of the mine

doing homework

and driving home. We left about 4 am Wed. morning. I love leaving at that time, maybe because I am crazy like that. :-) I am sure that is why Garth loves me, right?
We really had a terrific time. Bud drove home with us and we got to see him on Wednesday and Thursday. I love my family and I love seeing them.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Cute pictures of Weston! Even though it was a long day, it was fun! :)

R Allen said...

You are completely crazy. But, I am considering hiring you on for my next Utah trip. Can you drive for me?

Team Fifield said...

What a big family! And what a fun trip! Utah never gets old...
(although I can't say I'd want to live there again...)